Sunday, June 5, 2011

Simon Says Stamp & Show: Your Favorite Stamp

Life is too Short to Match Socks
FIRST...a quick shout out and THANK YOU to the Design Team over at Simon Says Stamp and Show...last week, my entry was chosen as one of the Top Three in the Challenge.  Little Ol' Me!  Check out my super cool blinkie on the sidebar! I'm so very flattered and honored...thanks folks!

Okay, so this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show assumes that I could even choose ONE.  Do they realize they are challenging a woman who picks 3 entrees from the menu and doesn't decide until the server asks??  I mean REALLY! Okay, venting done, the challenge was to use your favorite stamp.  Yup, easy peasy breezy, right?  WRONG!

Now, y'all might make the assumption that I'm going with a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamp.  But I just couldn't choose ONE of them.  So I went a TOTALLY different direction...and took off from the goofy scrappy angle.

I found this stamp at Angela's Happy Stamper...it's by Unity Stamp Company.  Two pieces that say so much about my life.  Truly.  Been meaning to make a scrapbook page with it and this challenge just gave me the kick in the rear I needed!

The papers are from Close to My Heart, the Sweet Home collection.  Rick rack also from CTMH. I stamped the min-title with the sentiment; socks are stamped, embossed, colored with Pebbles colored pencils and then cut out. Photos are the actual feet of my family.  Yes, this was a weird photo shoot...you should have heard the beasties complaining.  Katie kept trying to primp, but I told her I was just interested in her feet, LOL.   Photo across the top are my kiddies feet.  And, of course, the Zoo Crew Sock Bucket...the true star of this layout!

Here are a couple of close-ups of the stamps:
Close up of Socks--both are one stamp, but I cut them out.

Unity Stamp Company: Mini-title of Page

 In case you've made it this far and want to continue...the journalling on the page reads:


With 7 people in our family, keeping up with the laundry is an ongoing challenge.  A continual reminder of that struggle is the dreaded sock bucket.  YesBUCKET!  Most people use buckets like this for toys, outdoor equipment, beverage coolersbut not the Zoo Crew.  Nope.  Our 14 feet worth of socks go inand sometimes never come out. 
*sigh* 
Sorting the sock basket is not a happy tasksometimes used as a punishment, sometimes bribery works (a dime for each matched pair!), and sometimes a source of family fun (Sock it to ‘em, Daddy!). But rarely is that bucket empty.  *sigh*
How we look forward to summer daysBring on the barefooting!!

Thank you for checking out my creation for this week's challenge!! Check out the fun and join in!

2 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Marjie Kemper said...

Okay, Ang, the stamped and embossed socks are cracking me up but the bucket is just truly a scary sight!!! Am I doing the math right that you have to wash 98 socks a week!?!?!