Monday, September 19, 2011

Catching Up: Everything Wendy Vecchi MAC #25

I've been behind the 8 ball for a few weeks....in my house, this is how we know that school started again!!...jumped into the Making Art Challenge #25 over at Everything Wendy Vecchi, but didn't finish it before the challenge time was up.  But since I went to all the effort to finish it up, I'm gonna inflict it on you, despite my tardiness!! hee hee hee

The challenge was to create a tag using only one or two of Wendy's Studio 490 stamp sets.  Since I had a crazy idea to do a tag that told a little story, I picked Gentleman's Art and Residential Art.   Tried my hand stamping onto an Art Part, too.

EWV MAC #25
 I started with a manilla tag, stamping a Stamping Up background stamp called "Ticking" in Scattered Straw, embossed with clear.  Inked it up with Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters.  The gentleman is one of Wendy's Art Parts; he's inked up with Distress Stain in Story Skies.  I stamped the coordinating stamp on top of him in Black Soot, then embossed with black Zing powder.  Helpful tip...make sure you are stamping the right side of the guy!!  (That whole spatial relationships thing still eludes me!)

A few Creative Memories punchies--flowers & heart--and some thread from my stash make up the bouquet.  Journaling ticket is from Tim Holtz; edged Pumice Stone. Last touch?  A few dots of black Enamel Accents and....VOILA!!

Never guess it took me so long to finish this simple project...but packing 5 lunches is really time consuming!! LOL!!

We've moved on to Making Art Challenge #26 (post to follow soon!) and Challenge #27 will begin on Wednesday this week.  But do check out the fun by clicking here:  Everything Wendy Vecchi.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Really, really cool tag! Love what you did with the gent, he looks fab! Great sentiments, too! Thanks for joining the MAC!

Marjie Kemper said...

Fab tag, Angie! I really like that sentiment running up the side of the tag... may 'need' to add to stash! And the bouquet you've made for the man is terribly sweet. Love it!