Sunday, May 1, 2011

Diving In--Simon Says Stamp & Show Button Challenge

So here it is...my first attempt at a public challenge:



Going back to the whole "Marjie's Fault" thing...she pointed me to a wonderful source of inspiration and fun:  Simon Says Stamp & Show.  Of course, it's more fun if you participate, so after lurking for a few weeks, I figured I should join the fun.  This weeks' challenge is to use buttons in your project....right up my alley!

Gotta admit that this turned out nothing like I had pictured or sketched--but those versions were FAR too busy and a wee bit schizo!  I'm not 100% happy with my "Happiness" plaque. (!????!!)  (Too empty, too weird, too esoteric?) Sentiments are hard too read, too.  *sigh*  But not bad for a first shot, me thinks.

Since it's all in the details:  paper and tag from Close to My Heart, Notebook; bicycle & birdcage stamps from TPC; bird stamps from Close to My Heart, Free Spirit; sentiments Wendy Vecchi; flourish rub-ons from Basic Grey and Kaiser Craft. Buttons are from my stash.  Everything was distressed with Antique Linen and Tea Dye.  Embossing was all done in clear.  Birds are stamped in CTMH Outdoor Denim and layered with Glossy Accents.

Be kind...

2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Fantastic card, Angie! I love all the layered stamps in your background too. You may find yourself hooked on these challenges.... they are a great way to get yourself to try new techniques or remind you of old ones. And you'll meet a ton of nice bloggers!

Angie said...

Marjie, thanks for all the encouragement! I'm having fun trying all the new stuff...