Saturday, May 14, 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi Challenge #12


This week's challenge on Everything Wendy Vecchi (an awesome online Yahoo! group of folks) was to create a card based on Wendy's book #1, page 32. We had to stamp on patterned paper and use a bookplate. Of course, using Studio 490 stamps is also a must!

My card is a thank you note for a wonderful gal who has been picking Matthew up from Lego Robotics when I've been stuck in traffic. I started with a brownish copper metallic finish 4 x 5 card. I picked paper by Kaiser Craft from the Chanteuse collection--two different florals in shades of rose & greeen. The pad of paper I picked had a couple of sheets of diecuts, including borders. Nabbed one of those (the pink floral running vertically on the fold of the card). Last paper is a brown with coordinating green & pink polka dots--also vertical on the left side of the card.

I put the two florals together, and used Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters and Worn Lipstick to give it some dimension. Next layer is background stamped in Tea Dye and Shabby Shutters with the dotted background from Studio 490's "Ticket to Art" set. After that dried, I used Versa Magic Jumbo Java chalk ink to stamp Autumn Leaves flourishes. Flowers are done in Antique Linen and Spun Sugar Distress Stains. Sentiment is from "Regal Art" by Wendy Vecchi. Bookplate is Heidi Swapp. Copper pearls are from Amuse. Brads & charms from my stash. There are some spritzes of Copper Tsukineko shimmer mist randomly applied in there, too.

Join the fun & play along by joining the group! Then...go make some art!! (to quote one of my new favorite artists!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Angie... this is spectacular! Love all your layers of stamping and the piled up flowers... please feel free to send this one to me instead of the carpool lady!

journeygirl said...

This is a beautiful card! I love it and want to thank you for the eye candy!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Really beautiful card!!!!