Saturday, May 21, 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi #13


This week, Lori at Everything Wendy Vecchi spurred us into action with Challenge #13...use the Brushless Watercolor technique highlighted in Wendy's first book on page 19. Pretty fun technique...ink your stamp, spritz it with a wee bit of water and stamp. What fun was this? I made a graduation card for my colleague Carly, who just received her MBA. YAY Carly!

I started with a black matte 5" x 7" card and a chunk of watercolor paper. Using Tim's Distress Ink in Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans, I inked a Wendy background stamp from Ticket to Art--that's the little bitty dotty thingies in the background. (Hmmm...wonder if that's why it's a background stamp?) LOL! The lady--a fellow Wendy Vecchi group member calls her "The Impatient Woman"!--and the sentiment are also Wendy's. I did the brushless watercolor thing with the Tim Holtz bird stamp in Faded Jeans and with Autumn Leaves flourishes in Peeling Paint and Shabby Shutters.

So Marjie tells me that you can "paint" with Distress Stains. Of course, I just had to try it for myself! Thus the wings! Stamped the outline on vellum in black archival, then I used Spun Sugar in the middle and Dusty Concord on the outsides. LOVE how they turned out!

All of these colors look a wee bit off in the pic, but they blend pretty nicely in person...looks like I'm gonna have to break out the big camera again...this little "go anywhere" guy just ain't cuttin' it!

Grab your inks and join the fun by clicking the link above!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Great project, Angie! Love that lady... she may need to join my family, too. The wings are gorgeous, btw!

Lori said...

Cool way to use the watercolor tech, Angie! This turned out fabulous, so darned creative! Thanks for joining the MAC!